Thursday, October 2, 2008

Wishing for More.

As most of you know we live in avery small assembly .We have 24 people in the whole assembly and only ten of them are in the faith,that makes for alot of little kids.We don't have very much visiting brethern in ,sometimes we can go months at a time with no one come to visit for meeting or anything.

It seems like lately people make it to church when they can ,but it's as if they didn't have anything else to do.Like kids sports,work,school tomorrow,someone wanting to look at something they have for sale ,or just to tired to make it ....ectra.

Then it makes are meetings even slower and more depressing when no one is there.So very little happening at church as it is.Last night we went it was our family of 8 and Sis. Sheila and 3 of her kids.Brian prayer and we sang 4 songs.I looked in the song book and really tried to talk to god but I was feeling really down about being in this place.People pretty much do their onw thing during the week.Most people you never see except at church ,if they make it there.We try to go visiting once or twice a week.Or have someone over .It is hard to do when everyone has other thing to do and are not at home.

It makes me want to be able to move some where else so bad. I feel so out of the loop of peoples lives.I was reading on 2 of the sisters blogs late last night and early this morning and heard about a sister that had had her baby .I usumed that it must have just been born and no one had let us know yet,come to find out it was born Tuseday morning.She lives in an assembly very close by and I thought some one would tell us about it. I guess you could say I am just alittle down right now. .Please pray for me that I could be more up lifted and happy in this life where we are for now.

7 comments:

Sis Stubby said...

Hello Sis. I to come from a small assembly,And it really is easy to get discourged at the small crowd.
Discourgment is satan biggest tool on us.Our Elder ask us all to pray for our congregation every day .I have been tring to do this, I will pray for yours also.
The thing is to keep on keeping on.And know that when you go to church is to praise God.
I really don't know how to uplift any one else but myself.I don't know how to let others know that we need to put God first.Maybe just doing it my self is enough .

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 said...

From my experiance it doesn't matter wether you live in a big assembly or small. Everyone is busy living their own lives. It is very discouraging when you have slow, non-participation meetings. What really bums me out is when I present myself, and.....nothing. Its definately not because I don't have something to praise God for.
When we lived in a large assembly it seemed like we were always out of the loop. I'm sure it was not intentional, but it still hurt.
I guess I need to take a closer look at myself. We have a widow that lives right down the road. We've lived here 2 years and may have been over to see her that many times. And believe me, I have plenty of excuses, none of them good.

Jules said...

I am so sorry that you are discouraged with your assembly. I've always lived around a big assembly, so I don't know what it is like to be in a small assembly. But I can tell you this, being in a large assembly isn't any better when it comes to people making time for you. We totally feel out of the "loop" here. It is definately discouraging. It is sad that people have become so busy with their own lives that brethern don't do very much together, that is definately not how it is supposed to be. I'll pray for you guys. Hopefully some visiting brethern will come to your assembly soon and cheer you up a little :) Love ya!

Trina said...

Im sorry to hear that you are discouraged Michelle. I feel awful that you didn't hear about Cherries baby sooner. I was going to put something about him on my blog, but I didn't want to take that moment away from Lee and Cherrie. In hindsight, maybe I should have called her and just asked her or something.

Keep praying, maybe the Lord has other plans for you guys Michelle. He will show you, whatever your future holds. Anyway, it made my heart sad to think of you being discouraged. BIG HUGS!!

Mrs. Mom said...

Sister Michelle, I'm so sorry you are feeling discouraged. It's sad to see how life gets in the way of the real purpose we have here on earth. I think that happens everywhere. I love you. I've been thinking about you quite a bit here this week and I'm praying for you... I'll keep praying God will lift you up.

Sabriena said...

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling very encouraged lately. I didn't know about the baby either, until I read those sisters blogs. We didn't know she was in labor or anything. And I want to let you know that I've been thinking about the brethren down there, especially your family. I've been wanting to visit for some time, now. As soon as I get any chance, I'll be there, for sure. I hope you get to feeling more uplifted.

Where is my Brain said...

Hello, This is Sis. Tammy Easter. Just posted and learning about this blog thing. Great Pictures!