Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Getting the house done- but no pictures.

Well I have been getting alot done with the remodel stuff in the past week.My wish is to just take pictures of it all to show everyone,but alas my teenage duaghter has borrowed my camera.So I will try to tell you alittle about what has gotten done.

To start with we are getting our new carpet in the main part of the house on the 10th of september.So we wanted to get all the rooms painted before the carpet comes.

We started with the boys room .Dad let them pick colors a dark red(which by the way took 4 coats of red to get it to look nice) for the bottom half of wall and a lighter blue for top half.Then we picked a wall paper border trim that would work even as they get older.It is sports with balls,bats,gloves .So now I would like to find some nice sports posters to put on there wall to make it a real neat sports room.Mybe even put a bat ,ball,and mit on wall.Any suggestions would be great.

Then we have put new tile entry at front door and new tile under wood stove that match.It is a kind of brownish red tile that is big squares, like we did in the bathroom.

I have chose to try doing 2 different colors in the living room.One is called Brown Bag and is a pretty dark brown.That is on 2 of the walls and I think it turned out alittle darker than I thought it would be but think it will have to do.The other color is called Bonjour Beige and is a dark cream,and I will be putting it on the wall today .I also get to paint the living room celien(don't think I spelled that right .lol ) today .

So as soon as I get my camera back which will be after the big Oregon campout that everyone is talking about I will get some pictures of everything that is done .Can't wait ! By then I will also be done with Myla and Melissa room .They have chosen to paint with a light purple ,then on top of that we i will try our luck at hand prints .We will be doing hand prints in colors red,yellow,blue,white. If anyone has ever done this before let me know .We are going to attempt to do it using the little kid kind of gloves on the hands .Hope it works!

So pictures coming sooooon!!!

6 comments:

meNmykids said...

Can't wait for the pictures. I would love to be doing exactly what you are doing. How fun.

michelle said...

Gale, yeah fun except I had know idea how much work painting the ceilin was going to be.Wow I sure wish I would have let Brian get Dereks sprayer.I am almost done with living room should have everything back to gether before Dale and Chantel show up after church. michelle g.

Mrs. Mom said...

How exciting! Brandon painted his little bathroom a really dark blue. I couldn't quite imagine a dark color on the walls in my house, but I love it! I bet that red with blue is very dramatic. I look forward to pictures too! ~Cyndi

Marisela said...

I can't wiait to see the pictures it all sounds really nice.

Cherrie said...

That sounds like a lot of work. But it will be so rewarding when you are done. I hope you enjoy your knew addition to your assembly.

Trina said...

Wow you are making some serious progress! I can NOT wait for all the pics. Find that camera!!