Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Strawberry Freezer Jam Yummy-for your Tummy!

The pre-frozen berries picked by all of us.
Work in progress ,the work area.
The empty containers.
The product of my work,sooo sweet it is!

As some of you may know over in the valley is one of the best places to get Strawberries.While over there for my nephew Chris' graduation we picked strawberries and then my mother picked more for me.So we in the end had 65 pounds of strawberries .Now we get to eat frozen berries .But our family favorite is Strawberry freezer jam,so that is what I am doing this morning .I stayed up after Brian left for work (instead of going back to bed until kids wake me up) at 5:00 am .Here is some pictures of the work in progress ,can't wait to eat it! My only problem is now I have ran out of containers.still have 10 gallon bags of berries and no more containers for the jam once made.Will have to make more tomorrow morning after getting mor container today.

8 comments:

meNmykids said...

Oh the woes of not enough containers. I only wish I could say that. Makes me yearn for the strawberry fields, what memories! Looks beautiful, and a job well done. Waiting for your call.

Trina said...

I absolutley LOVE strawberry freezer jam. Every year I say I am going to make it and every year I don't. I dont have a freezer to store them all anymore though. Btw..good for you for being so ambitious so early in the morning. Very insprirational!

Marisela said...

Hi thanks for all the comments...I was just saying the other day how much I miss Oregon strawberries, and makind freezer jam. The people around here have no idea what real strawberries taste like. Once you have had "real" strawberries you jst cant go back.

Cherrie said...

That looks wonderful, I lovvvveee strawberry jam. So much work but so worth it all when it is done.

Chantel H said...

You are toatally motivating me! I have been talking about going down there and getting some strawberries. I usually freeze mine and then later in the year make the jam that way I'm not putting up berries and having the jam mess at the same time! Yummy! Strawberry jam...mmm..

marykathryn said...

Totally LOVE strawberry anything..especially freezer jam!! What a great way to spend the morning being productive..I need to get motivated and put some fresh things up as well, sigh..LOL

Mrs.Martin said...

I want some freezer jam! I should buy more strawberries again, before they can't be found becuz of the flooding out here. It looks yummy and reminds of how I use to put it up with Lisa Swezey.

Mrs.Martin said...

I meant Lisa West. whoops